Wednesday, December 23, 2009

First Plane Ride

We decided to spend this year with the Olson family in South Dakota, which I have been very excited about! As Christmas fast approached, I started to get nervous, trying to mentally prepare to be the slowest person in the airport, as well as the person on the plane no one wants to be near.

Two days before our trip, Ethan got an ear infection and went on antibiotics. If anyone has had kids on antibiotics, they probably know a very common side effect is diarrhea! Yeah - this made for a much more entertaining trip than I originally anticipated!

Ethan playing on the plane. He was a total champ! This was his second outfit of the day, as he peed all over the first one.

A picture of the blow-out he had on our very small SkyWest plane from Salt Lake to South Dakota. I had to take him into the tiny bathroom and try to change him! Oh wow - that was so difficult! I had to put paper towels down on the toilet while trying to maneuver the diaper bag, making sure he wasn't playing with the nasty diaper. We are definitely NOT looking forward to flying back to Oregon.

1 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry the plane ride was no good. Hopefully the one back to Oregon will be better...I'm glad you're having a good time in SD! I miss you guys...have a Merry Christmas!