Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haiti: Children in Need Foundation

There are few stories in the news that have struck me quite like the Haitian earthquake has. Recently I was in Sacramento where we had a 6.5 magnitude earthquake - it barely made the news. I thought, wow, I thought earthquakes were a big deal, but I guess not. Just a week after I was in California came the 7 magnitude earthquake that has led to complete devastation in Haiti.


I am so grateful to live in the country that I do where we have building codes and plans in action for this sort of thing. The living conditions in Haiti were horrible before the earthquake, which makes it that much more horrible to imagine now.

One issue that has truly touched my heart are the conditions in the orphanages in Haiti. Adoption has always been a topic dear to me, and to think there are children with no caregivers is depressing. Now more than ever, orphanages in Haiti need our help. I have a friend who is part of a local charity down in St. George, Utah who is helping to make a difference for Haitian orphans. Click HERE to watch a video and donate to this charity.

0 comments: