Thursday, January 14, 2010

Using My Brain

I've heard many times that humans use a mere fraction of our brain - even really smart humans. That is really sad for the rest of us who struggle in general! Sometimes I feel like I only use 5% from day-to-day, if that. Evidence of this:


  • I forgot to change out of my robe before leaving the house
  • I drove off with the gas pump still in my car
  • Recently I went to the craft store, spent forever in there picking out paper, only to realize I forgot my wallet
  • While filling out a form for Ethan's pediatrician, I forgot that ETHAN was the patient, not myself
  • I had someone recently tell me they were training to be a nursing assistant, and I came back with, "At least you won't be a CNA, that would suck!" ...then I realized that's exactly what she was talking about
  • I commented to a lady that she had 3 beautiful sons. She didn't have 3 sons, she had 2 - one was a girl
Need I go on? Currently I am applying to grad school *Yay!* ..the only bad news is, applying takes a lot of concentration, and I'm just not down with that. Give me a diaper - wham! I'll have it changed. Give me nasty poop-stained clothes, I've got you covered. Ask me to write a personal statement, I have no idea how to sit down and concentrate long enough to do this. Wish me luck, and pray that I can figure out how to use my brain again!

....Can you tell I'm supposed to be writing it right now? Procrastination - my long lost friend.

6 comments:

Jason and Heather said...

Way to go! That is so awesome. You will totally kick butt at it. I am glad I'm not the only one who does funny stuff like that!

Angie O said...

Haha! You crack me up!

Shauna said...

Too bad you can't use the pregnancy card anymore! I used that one ALL the time when I would forget to use my brain! It doesnt work so well after the baby is here.

The CNA comment was hilarioius! hahaha!

Tamara said...

Those were awesome and hilarious-- you totally made my day! You are the cutest brunette "blonde" I've ever met! :)

Kari said...

This is your official welcome to motherhood. I don't think your brain ever recovers from pregnancy and childbirth. Just wait it gets worse with #2. On a serious note, I am extremely jealous but really happy for you!

Jen said...

i saw someone do the gas pump thing once! the hose ripped off of the pump, and the person just kept on driving. i always look in the mirror now to make sure the hose is back on the pump.. very funny!