Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prelay Race

How many goals/dreams do you think we have in an entire lifetime? I contemplated this after I discovered my friend Lexie was looking for people to run a Prelay race along with her. I've never even HEARD of something like this, but I thought it sounded pretty neat.


When I was a 16, my dream was to have the hottest guy in school :). When I was 17, my dream was to get into the right college. Then several years later it was to marry the right man (I think we can FOR SURE check that one off). I can tell you one thing about my personal goals: I have never once made a goal that had anything to do with physical activity!

Now getting fit enough to run 6 miles for this Prelay in June will be my goal. For those that know me well, you will recall there was a time I could barely walk, let alone run. Completing this will be a huge personal victory for me, and I'm so excited to accomplish this goal!

What are YOUR goals for the new year?

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Good luck! I won't be joining you...ha ha...but you can do it! I will cheer you on! :)

Shauna said...

That's totally awesome Kera! You will do great! I've never had a physical goal either...and I don't plan on having one soon. :) I admire people like you who do those marathons and such. Good Luck!