Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

So this weekend was one of those weekends where I demanded to do something out of the ordinary! Most of the time, Billy and I just like to take it easy and not do much when he has days off, but I desperately needed to get out of the house! We decided to go to Heiser Farms' Pumpkin Patch up in Dayton (just about 10 minutes away).

It was Ethan's first trip to a pumpkin patch and I was super excited! Turns out I was way more excited than he was.. which will be evident in the pictures included in this post. I realized this trip was definitely more for me than it was for him!

Here is a rundown of our day...

Picture as a pumpkin.. I could NOT get him to look at me for the picture. He was much more interested in other things. What those things were I don't know, but they must have been very important!
Billy and I being scary scarecrows. I think we did a pretty good job of scaring all the crows away...

A picture of just a small section of the pumpkin patch. It was SO HUGE! We spent plenty of time looking for just the right pumpkin. It was a lot more fun than I expected. I could have done without all the bugs though..

We had to wake Ethan up for this picture, so he wasn't too happy at first. Then he realized the straw was fun to play with, so it wasn't so bad.

Ethan awkwardly grinning.. he was ready to be done way before we were!

0 comments: