Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Oregon down in Medford with my Momma Barber. The weeks started off with McKenzi flying in on Tuesday, which was so amazingly fun! She was my partner in crime all week, and I so wish she would just move in with us.

Everyone talking at Mom's house. I think this picture looks like it should be in a magazine!

Kenzi sleeping the day away. Her sleep schedule was finally somewhat normal by Friday ...but she went home on Saturday, so I'm not sure it'll stay that way!

Ethan also sleeping - this meant we got to eat Thanksgiving dinner in peace, which is truly something to be thankful for!

The table centerpiece which was so creative and beautiful.

The family went four-wheeling before the dinner. I didn't join them because those things freak me out, but everyone else had a blast and came back super muddy. Which was cool, because I already had Ethan's clothes in the wash - not because they were muddy though. They were brown for another reason..

Haha...this picture looks like he's trying to seduce you! I'm Boaz ...Ethan Boaz.

Great-Grandma Turner having a blast with babes.

The center-piece at the kiddie table. What a good idea to use wrapping paper!

Ok, this picture doesn't do our night justice, but this was the funniest moment of our week! Brit decided to wrestle with Kade, who owned him time after time. And each time, Brit thought "This time I'll get him!" The best part was when Kade went to give him a wedgie but realized Brit went commando that day! "Born free...free as the wind blows..."

A small family pic the day after Thanksgiving. We were exhausted from having Ethan sleep in our bedroom. He's teething, so he screamed for half of it. Ugh...we are all going to be psyched when all his teeth are in! Poor little guy.

We really appreciate all the meals cooked for us and your hospitality, Mom. We had a blast and won't forget our wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Also, I'd like to give a shout-out to my parents in South Dakota who empty-nested it this year. They ran (yes, I said RAN) a 5k on Thanksgiving, then headed to the Black Hills to hike Harney Peak. How cool is that?


1 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! I'm so glad. I am excited to see you...it feels like it's been forever, even though I know it hasn't been that long. :)