Friday, August 14, 2009

Calling all Moms!

Ok,


I'm going CRAZY at home and have realized in the past week that I need a little structure - some reasons to, you know, shower and get out of my pj's. When I was telling my mom this, she mentioned she and her friends did a play group. During the summers they would go to parks, and then when the weather was horrible they found a church that would let them use their nursery.

Well, school is starting soon. So...I want to organize a play group (I just typed "study" group - I need to get out of school mode and into mom mode!). Is anyone up for a group that meets at a scheduled time once a week? Am I the only one going absolutely bonkers at home alone from 8-5 every day? I'd be happy to organize the group, I just need people to join it so the good times can start! Please let me know if you'd like to join and when works best for you. *Seriously let me know. The walls are closing in fast!*

5 comments:

Jen said...

I was totally thinking the same thing today! I definitely need to get out more and talk to someone other than Sophie all day. I am pretty much free anytime since I have nothing to do but be a mom. Let me know! I am more than willing to help set up schedules, places to go, or whatever.

Nick and Lexie said...

Yep, count me in. I was thinking that this summer, how it would be nice even to just go on walks with other women. It doesn't have to be anything big. But I like structure too. I am starting work next week, which sucks, but I think I will like being forced to get up and shower every day. Well, mostly, Nick will enjoy that.

Shauna said...

:( I wish i lived close to be a part of your play group! That would be so much fun!

Mary-Anne said...

I don't want to do a play group, but we really should start walking again! Especially once the guys start school...

Tamara said...

YAY! Welcome to staying at home and losing your mind! ;) You have the right idea, my dear. Maren had a playgroup thing going on there for a while... Wednesdays at 10am, I believe... you might ask her, but she's busy being spider woman and planning on ditching us for Eugene. There is also a very good West Salem Moms of Preschoolers (I think that's what it's called) group. Andrea is in that and a bunch of other LDS moms. They did a fun field trip and came out to my barn to see the horses and piggies and chickens. I realize Ethan might not get that much out of it at this point, but YOU might! I'm also majorly up for morning walking, especially after the kids are back in school. Even after kids are older I still need motivation to actually take a shower before 3pm also! :)