Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pittock Mansion

After we went to the Rose Gardens, my mom, sister, and Billy and I hit the Pittock Mansion in Portland. Apparently this guy owned the first newspaper in Portland or something - I actually don't remember, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. This house was so full of character. Out here there are so many spec homes, it's nice to see an original piece of architecture (that is not identical to all the other houses in the area).

View of the mansion from the front. This is bad, but all I think about when I see big homes is how long it would take to clean!


This ceiling is silver leaf. Isn't that crazy? I wonder if they had toilet paper or just used dollar bills...


This sewing machine was just tiny, but look how ornate it was. Amazing how things have changed.


Check it OUT! They not only had a top nozzle, but they had side ones too. I saw this at the parade of homes in St. George thinking it was an original idea, but apparently it's been around for a century. They need to do that in all bathrooms, it would make my shower much faster.


I just stuck this last picture in here b/c I'm proud of it! This was taken at the very top of Silver Falls, within feet of it actually. Crazy how it can be so serene and gorgeous just feet from a cliff. Just gorgeous. Can't wait to go back!

1 comments:

Shauna said...

not only would it makes showers faster, but A LOT more enjoyable!