Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day in Portland

Yesterday was another amazing day in Oregon, so Billy and I decided to spend it up in Portland, which we don't do often enough. We started our day at the Portland Farmer's Market, which I will say, is just like the Salem one. Now I know to just stay in Salem if I want to go the market - there are less people there!


This is just a portion of the market, but you can see how crowded it was. Too many people freaks me out!

Us having a little picnic for Ethan. We decided to fill his tummy before sticking him in the stroller.

We had to make a pit-stop in the parking garage before we made our way downtown. Yes, we WALKED the town, and it was a blast! Except for that weird guy who screamed obscenities, then screamed at me: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! I was scared he was going to knife me..

There's this street that has probably 20 vendors along it, all different ethnicities for food. We ended up having incredibly overpriced kabobs. I can't wait to go back and have some Thai food!

Ethan was such a champ. He normally doesn't like his stroller AT ALL, or his teething ring, but he was sooooo good the whole time.

Can you see me holding his hand? He kept tearing off those glasses, but I just wanted one picture!

Can you see the building has windmills on the top of it? Coolest thing I've seen in a while.

We went to Powell's Bookstore, which is supposed to be the biggest bookstore in the nation, and it was pretty cool, but somehow I think it would be more fun without Ethan..

The super ghetto 7-11 downtown. I really am fascinated by how they do everything in big cities. How they don't have real convenience stores, just little convenience apartments. Do you see Ethan has no socks? As soon as we took his socks off, he was the happiest camper - I couldn't put them back on! He sucked his toes the whole way back to the parking garage.

Before going home, we made a stop in Vancouver to get Billy his 12-hour Clariton D, because Oregon doesn't sell it - apparently you can make Meth with it. We just chilled out in McDonald's before driving all the way back to Salem, and Ethan absolutely loved his fries (as you can see).

My men are serious about their food.

Washing the fries down with some milk. Ethan's favorite thing to do.

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun week! Hopefully the weather will be nice this week too and we'll be able to do more fun stuff...together! :)

becca said...

I love going to P-town! During the summer it seems like we go up at least once a week. The weather is just right for an evening stroll around town--and of course some gelato and a quick stop at Powell's is a must!