Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kera's 25th

I am now a quarter of a century old, and I have to admit, I DO feel wiser and much more important :) This has been my most memorable birthday yet, and I have my amazing husband, son, and friends to thank for it. The day started off with playing games with my mom, then my friend Mary-Anne stopped by with a gift card to Olive Garden (my favorite) and then my hubby came home EARLY, which was such a treat!

Did I mention Billy got me tulips? They are my favorite flower, and it never gets old when he brings home a bouquet.

Billy and I dropped Ethan off at the Cottles (thank you!) and headed to the Star of India, our new favorite restaurant. We get the BEST service, and the food is absolutely to die for. Never had anything better.

Our friendly waiter took a picture of us eating our tortilla chips. It was so weird to eat dinner without Ethan!

The amazing Makahni and Naan. Mmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. If I could have this for every meal, I would.

Melody made cupcakes for this special occasion. She is one of the best bakers I know, so everyone was fawning over these cupcakes.

Billy bringing in the cake. You can see it took a lot of concentration!

I just realized I forgot to make a wish :(

The Rogers' came over to play games with us!

Normally I edit photos before I post them, but Nick's red-eye was just too good! Our game wouldn't have been the same without Nick and Lexie's answers.

A pic of me opening up the game Melody got, called Loaded Questions. I have to say, it's one of the best games I've ever played. In the background are the Myers' who joined us, and their contribution to the game was PRICELESS.

My day would not have been the same without Billy. Thanks so much for realizing how crazy I am for birthdays.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Kera! I'm the worst friend! I keep thinking your birthday is in April for some reason! Happy belated birthday! I'm gonna call you sometime this week and catch up with you. I wish you guys lived closer. I would come hang out with you all the time!
We have that same game and I totally love it! Except we dont play by the rules. Instead we just go around the room, pick a card and pick a question on the card that we want to ask. It's still super fun!
Love you!

Mary-Anne said...

I'm so glad you had a fun day! And you look beautiful in those pics! Sorry I couldn't play games with you, but I'm glad I got to see you at least! Happy Birthday!! :)

Nick and Lexie said...

I look so ecstatic to be in that picture :) And yes, Nick's red eyes do look freaky!

Happy b-day. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend, you deserve it. And we have to play that game again!!! This weekend?