Monday, October 13, 2008

Customer Service

So, I'm wondering where and when "service" was taken out of customer service..I really feel like they should just call it "the phone call that will just make you angrier than when you called in the first place." - Just a suggestion. When is the last time you called your mobile, cable, or internet provider and you got someone who was actually HELPFUL on the phone? Below I have listed my customer "service" pet-peeves.

When I spend 30 minutes being put on hold and transferred, just to learn I called the wrong number.

Having a snotty employee tell me it's "company policy" with no other explanation.

Asking to speak to the employee's supervisor, and then they tell me no!

And.....my number 1 pet-peeve......when I can't understand the employee, because they don't know how to speak English. Seriously!!

Now, this next one isn't so much a pet-peeve as it is a true story. My husband had a run-in with his cell service, Sprint, and talked to two employees that were just atrocious. So he got online and found out Sprint has an executive number you can call in case customer service didn't quite cut it. Long story short, 5 minutes after Billy called that line the problem was fixed. Does anyone else find it interesting that Sprint knows their customer service is so horrible that they have to provide an extra number to call? Shady....

1 comments:

Denisha Oldroyd said...

Oh yes... I feel you. Amen.