Sunday, October 12, 2008

Honeymoon



Billy and I left for our honeymoon the Monday after we got married. We were super excited because we had rented a house for a week in Arcata, CA. This house was supposed to have a view of the coast as well as the Redwoods, and it ended up being a disaster! We ended up leaving the house the next morning without looking back and had a great honeymoon, despite the hiccup at the beginning.

On our way to Oregon, we drove through the Redwoods as well as stopped at the coast for photo ops. We decided we would go explore Salem, OR, which is where we plan on living for the next 3 years while Billy goes to law school. Thank goodness we did! We ended up having a blast in Salem and found a sweet apartment to rent on the good side of town. In Salem it actually does matter which side of town you live on, and if we wouldn't have stayed to look at neighborhoods and apartments we might have ended up kicking ourselves.

After Salem, we drove up past Portland and stayed with our cousins Brittany and Adam Zollinger. We basically played games all weekend, which is definitely my idea of a good time. We also kayaked on the river, and by "we" I mean Billy - he tied my kayak to his and paddled me around so I could keep up with everyone else!

1 comments:

Denisha Oldroyd said...

Kera and Billy... I LOVE your blog! It is so cute! I'm glad you guys have one so that we can stay updated on your guy's life! We love and miss you lots!