Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Story

Billy and I met March 23rd, 2004 on a blind date of all things! We were set up by our mutual friends, Ted and Stephanie Cross, and our first date was at Outback Steakhouse in Orem, Utah. Although the date didn't go very well (Billy later told me he thought I was vapid at first), we saw each other several more times. Although we clicked well, we fell out of touch and didn't see each other for over a year. After this we saw each other several times throughout the years; however, they were always short exchanges and always left me wondering what could have been.

In May 0f 2007 my roommate Shauna introduced me to the wide world of Facebook, and I was addicted! I located Billy (who was working in Las Vegas at the time) and we started sending each other messages over Facebook. We finally agreed to see each other again on July 4th, 2007, and I consider that date the first day of the rest of our lives. 

It wasn't long after this that we realized getting married was our next step. In October Billy asked my dad for my hand in marriage, to which his reply was, "Billy, I like you, are you sure you want to do that?" Even with my father's warning, we were engaged on November 3, 2007. Billy had been working up in Idaho that week, and had been planning to ask me on the Friday night he got home, right before we were to hop a plane to New York to attend his grandmother's funeral. Although he thought he was being top secret about the whole thing, I figured it out and skipped classes that day so I could make sure I was mentally prepared - and to make sure I looked totally hot!

As we were driving to Billy's condo, I could tell he was nervous, but I could also tell he was wearing nice clothes and had fixed his hair (Billy worked in film at the time, so this was not the usual for him when he has been lugging gear around all day). I smiled to myself, knowing exactly what was going to happen. As he opened the door to his condo, our playlist started on his speakers, and he had candles, flowers, and sushi for us (our favorite date!). He told me all the reasons he wanted to marry me, and got down on one knee. As far as engagements go, it was absolutely PERFECT for us, and I feel it helped set the tone for a wonderful marriage.


1 comments:

Jason and Heather said...

YAY for your blog! I love it! The blogging world is great and I'm addicted!