Saturday, October 11, 2008

Our Wedding




Billy and I decided to get married on June 21st, 2008 in the Salt Lake City Temple. Several things went wrong that morning that were stressful: First, we couldn't find the keys to the car my mother-in-law and her family were planning on using to drive up to Salt Lake. After hours of worry, I realized I had stuck them in my purse! - Ooops.... Second, our wedding slideshow was not yet finished (Billy) and it was quite stressful to put the finishing touches on it before we left for Salt Lake around 1 o'clock that day.

We arrived at the temple around 2:30 and were sealed for eternity at 4 o'clock - a moment neither one of us will forget. As my mother and I went back to the bride's room, I kept exclaiming, "I'm married!" It was a wonderful moment, one that we both felt ready for, and it was a commitment we felt comfortable making. As we stepped out of the temple we were greeted by our friends and family, and that was such a wonderful moment! It was great to share our happiness with the people we love, and we really appreciated all who were able to make it to Salt Lake.

We decided to have our reception in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Temple Square to make it easiest for our guests. Once we were done taking pictures around the temple, Billy and I arrived at our reception a bit early, which gave us an opportunity to say hi to all our guests. We decided to keep our reception small, so we invited 74 people, which included a few friends and mostly family. For our meal (which I was super excited for) we had salad, chicken cordon bleu, and some kind of dessert in a waffle cone. By that time, I was STARVING, as I was too nervous to eat much the entire day. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay attention to anyone while I was snarfing down our delicious meal! 

During dinner, we opened up the floor for toasts, which is a tradition in Billy's family. It was great to hear well-wishes from our friends and family; in fact, it was so great that I think we should do this once a year! After dinner we cut the cake, and then danced. It was the perfect (kind of) wedding day, and, like our engagement, I feel it set the tone for a wonderful marriage.




0 comments: